Awarded ByAPU Diploma
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration2 years (5 Semesters)
IntakeApril,May ,September , Nov
About the course
Diploma in Finance programme is specifically designed to provide prepare students with solid foundation in finance to meet the demands of wide range of careers in the business, accounting, banking and finance environment. Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous changes in industry practices. Provide students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of finance in a business and industrial context. Students with intellectual, communications and team working skills. Students with opportunities for progression into studies at degree level in relevant areas. Through students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of the study, students will be exposed to various terminologies and basic concepts related to business managerial skills. Professional Communications, Quantitative Methods and Academic Research Skills are offered in this semester to further develop students’ knowledge and skills emphasising on aspects that are core to the study of finance and accounting. Financial Accounting which touches on the basic concepts and procedure of accounting will also be introduced.
- This programme moves students from the basic accounting concepts and procedures to more advanced topics in financial accounting.
- Economics, Marketing and Business Statistics which will expand their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and make decisions in different areas of business.
- Aimed at equipping students with the knowledge and skills in the legal aspect of business.
- In addition, students are exposed to more specialised areas of finance such as Real Estate Finance, Banking and Finance and Insurance.
- Targeted to enhance the application skills of students in a higher level of finance related areas.
- Allows students to progress into more advanced areas of finance, subjects taught are Financial Regulations and Practices, Personal Finance and Financial Planning, Investment Analysis and Risk Management, International Finance and Islamic Finance.
Diploma Course Structure:
English for Academic Purposes
Practical IT Skills
Academic Research Skills
Financial Accounting 1
Financial Accounting 2
Real Estate Finance
Principles of insurance
Principles of Banking and Finance
Financial Regulations and Practices
Personal Finance & Financial Planning
Investment Analysis and Risk Management
About the Campus
No reviews found.