Awarded ByStaffordshire University, UK
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
About the course
Master of Islamic Banking and Finance programme is specifically designed to provide in depth knowledge and a wide range of skills in Islamic Finance, banking and investment, that allow students to be capable of meeting the growing needs of the industry.
Support in the vision and ambition of the Malaysian government to make Malaysia a centre of innovation and excellence in the Islamic financial world. This program is specifically designed to produce professionals equipped with expertise in both the conventional finance and Shariah for a career in the banking services or investment as well as any Islamic financial institutions. It is also for those executives and managers desiring specialization in Islamic banking and finance in order to assist personal development and career advancements in the banking and finance industry. The Master of Islamic Banking and Finance program seeks to educate and train learners in the specialist areas of Islamic banking, Islamic Finance and Islamic Economics. The Master of Islamic Banking and Finance program will explore theoretical concepts and share regional best practices using case studies. The Islamic finance industry has experienced a remarkable growth during the past two decades.
The Benefits of This Programme
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary issues in Islamic and conventional finance and ability to compare and contrast between Islamic and conventional financial markets in a global setting.
- Identify the ethical and legal responsibilities in Islamic and conventional finance and determine their impact on financial decision making.
- Plan and conduct a research project in a professional and ethical manner.
- Analyze and respond to Islamic financial management problems and opportunities to think critically and suggest possible solutions.
- Conceptualize Islamic financial management issues into coherent written statements and oral presentations.
Modules & Project / Dissertation
Quantitative Methods For Decision Making
Islamic Financial Institutions and Markets
Islamic Banking Products and Services
Islamic Banking Operations
Islamic Risk Management
Islamic Capital Markets