Awarded ByUniversity of Greenwich, UK
About the course
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business Management course enables you to acquire an in-depth understanding of business concepts and prepares you for work in a number of general management roles. We place emphasis on shaping your ability to manage people, so that by the end of the programme, you can confidently anticipate complex interpersonal interactions, which take place between members of teams, with clients and with customers. The ability to manage people effectively is essential qualifications of becoming a successful manager. We’re set out to equip you with the practical skills needed to become an effective manager of teams and individuals with strong academic orientation to the world of commerce and public Service. This business programme adopts a variety of assessment methods that includes exams, coursework, essays, presentations, group work and real-life business simulations.
Equips you for a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors. The course will progress you through an in-depth knowledge of business management from its basic operational foundations to the more strategic level, and inform you of emerging new issues in this sphere. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of management and general business issues, theory, practice, and development. You will also learn to appreciate wider factors impacting business decision making such as the organisation culture, entrepreneurship and the external economic environment. Students come from a variety of organisations and the course helps you understand the implications of different business contexts and varied stakeholders on the management of business.
- Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how all these work together
- Offers a choice of specialist routes
- You’ll investigate how organisations think and work, how they’re managed, and the external world in which they operate.
- Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
- The course to offer you an interesting range of business assignments that will see you critically assessing approaches taken in work examples and case studies.
- Develops your understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
- This innovative degree is firmly rooted in your own experience.
- You can focus entirely on business management, or choose to specialise within the subject areas of accounting, economics, leadership practice, innovation and enterprise or marketing.
- This emphasis on practical assignments together with expert industry guest lecturers and a range of online materials will make for a fulfilling learning experience.
Introduction to Business Functions
Context and Regulatory Framework of Business
Business Planning & Development
Management Skills 1:
Managing the Individual and Team
Personal & Professional Development 1:
Study Skills and Self Evaluation
Organisational Behaviour 1: Managing
Performance of Individuals
Management Information Systems
Management Skills 2: Managing Effectively
Organisational Behaviour 2:
Managing Groups & Teams
Personal & Professional Development 2
(Communications & Research)
Process and Value Chains
Managing in Strategic Context
Dissertation – General Management
Organisational Behaviour 3: Leadership
International Human Resources Management
Contemporary Issues in Management
Personal & Professional Development 3:
About the Campus
No reviews found.