Awarded ByStaffordshire University, UK
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration3 Years (6 Semesters)
IntakeFebruary , May ,September ,November
About the course
BSC (HONS) in Actuarial Studies programme is specifically designed to provide graduates with high quality education in actuarial science in order to prepare them for professional exams leading to recognized actuary status or specialist in the financial risk and insurance industries.
Graduates with comprehensive knowledge in actuarial science in order to prepare them to pursue a successful career as an actuary. Graduates the ability to analyze data from an application in a business context, determine a suitable model including parameter values, and provide measures of confidence for decisions based upon the model.
This programme is designed not only to provide students with knowledge and skills to enter the actuarial profession but also prepare them for the professional examinations that will lead them to a qualified actuary.
Our graduates will also acquire the essential leadership qualities, work in teams, communication skills, problem solving abilities, critical thinking, as well as entrepreneurial and managerial skills that will enable them to face the challenging and exciting world today.
- Actuaries usually work primarily for the insurance industry.
- They are also highly sought after by other sectors such as private corporations, banks, financial institutions and investment firms, brokerages and even government department such as Bank Negara also requires actuaries in risk management and financial consulting services. They also work for:
- Business and Communication Skills will further equip students with the communication skills required to cope with academic demands of degree level study in all disciplines.
- Business Ethics and Governance will also be taught in this level to provide students with relevant knowledge, skills and professional judgment in which companies are directed and controlled.
- With highly specialized skills primarily for the Insurance industry, but also extending to other sectors, graduates may work as Actuarial Executives, Risk Analysts, Consultants, Statisticians, Mathematicians, Insurance Industry Specialists in Life and Health Insurance or Property and Casualty Insurance, Credit Manager, Policy Makers, Bank Executives, Financial Analysts, Financial Planning Advisors or even as Administrator and Entrepreneurs.
Business and Communication Skills
Introduction to Visual Programming
Advanced Probability Models
Financial Statement Analysis
Time Series & Forecasting
Financial Planning and Control
Business Research Methods
Business Ethics & Governance
At APU, we encourage our students to be entrepreneurial and innovative. After the completion of Level 2, students will undertake a short internship/industrial training of a minimum of 12 weeks. This will provide our students opportunities to engage with realworld business problems both in our programmes and in our renowned Professional Training placements.
Introduction to Stochastic Process
Investigation in Actuarial Studies
Macroeconomics Policy & Financial Markets
Life Contingencies 2
Project in Actuarial Studies
About the Campus
No reviews found.