Awarded ByAPU, Malaysia
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration2 years (5 Semesters)
About the course
Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with Specialism in Software Engineering programme is specifically designed to provide students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of software engineering. Students with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support. Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in industry practices. Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability. An appreciation of the proven principles and techniques for the development and support of software systems in commercial organisations. Students with opportunities for progression into advanced programmes of study of International standard in relevant areas. Through this programme students will acquire basic mathematical, language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- With this knowledge, students are able to use computing tools and techniques to solve common real-world problems.
- Students are exposed to more advanced development concepts, including the application of usability principles in the web design and development process, and the system development cycle.
- A deeper understanding of the systematic models and standard process-oriented methodologies that are the essence of software engineering as a career field.
- Software engineering also requires a deep appreciation of algorithmic thinking, based on calculus and algebra.
Diploma Course Structure:
English for Academic Purposes
Practical IT Skills
Academic Research Skills
Numeric Methods & Logic
Computer Systems Architecture
Introduction to Software Engineering
System Analysis & Design
Digital Security and Forensic
Networks & Networking
Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Software Development Project
About the Campus
No reviews found.