Awarded ByAPU, Malaysia
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration2 years (5 Semesters)
About the course
Diploma in Information & Communication Technology programme is specifically designed to provide coverage of the academic aspect as well as the vocational aspect of the wide area of Computing and Information and Communications Technology. Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of technology in a business and organisational context, so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices. tudents with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support. Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in industry practices. Students with opportunities for progression into advanced programmes of study of International standard in relevant areas. Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability. At the beginning of the programme students will acquire basic mathematical, language and communication skills along with core information technology skills.
- Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- students will learn information and communication technology related areas such as computer programming, databases, internet applications and computer system architecture.
- With this knowledge, students are able to use computing tools and techniques to solve common real-world problems.
- Students are exposed to more advanced development concepts, including the application of usability principles in the web design and development process, and the system development cycle.
- Employability skills are introduced through the principles of IT Operations Management and concepts of Operating Systems, preparing students to provide technical support within an organization.
- students acquire basic knowledge of computer networks, digital security and forensics to deepen their knowledge of computing technology and ethical responsibilities.
- Students also design and implement algorithms using their second programming language, and complete a Software Development Project to show that they can integrate skills, knowledge and understanding from the full programme, including multimedia techniques for business presentations and entertainment.
Diploma Course Structure:
English for Academic Purposes
Practical IT Skills
Academic Research Skills
Numeric Methods & Logic
Computer Systems Architecture
IT Operations Management
System Analysis & Design
Digital Security & Forensic
Networks & Networking
Software Development Project
About the Campus
No reviews found.