Awarded ByAPU Diploma
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration2 years (5 Semesters)
About the course
Diploma in Information & Communi cation Technology with a Specialism in Data Informatics programme is specifically designed to provide provide students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of data informatics.
Prepare students for careers in the ICT environments with emphasis on solutions design, software development, technology infrastructure support, data informatics application. Provide students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in industry practices. Enable appreciation of the proven principles and techniques to the developmentn and support of software systems in commercial organisations. Develop students’ intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability. students will acquire basic mathematical, language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism.
- The ability to analyse and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- With this knowledge, students are able to use computing tools and techniques to solve common real-world problems. Modules
- Students are exposed to more advanced development concepts, including the system development cycle.
- Specialisation starts here, with an introduction to data analytics that covers topics such as big data, data warehouse and data mining.
- Data informatics also requires a deep appreciation of algorithmic thinking, based on calculus and algebra.
- Besides, usability principles in the web design and development process, and software engineering processes are introduced and developed to support the software development project
- Students also design and implement algorithm using their second programming language.
- Two more specialised modules Behavioural Science and Marketing Analytics, and Introduction to Artifi cial Intelligent, will bring an insight into the techniques used in the design of software and the building of data informatics based systems.
Diploma Course Structure:
English for Academic Purposes
Practical IT Skills
Academic Research Skills
Numeric Methods & Logic
Computer Systems Architecture
System Analysis & Design
Specialised and Option Modules
Introduction to Data Analytics
Introduction to Software Engineering
Networks & Networking
Behavioural Science and Marketing Analytics
Introduction to Artificial Intelligent
Software Development Project
About the Campus
No reviews found.