M.Sc. (Forensic Sciences)
- M.Sc. (Forensic Sciences)
Awarded ByThe University of Northampton, UK
Ranking1829 (World Rank Source: webometrics)
About the course
This programme is designed to introduce students to forensic science and its interdisciplinary nature through an exploration and examination of forensic sub-disciplines and emerging techniques including: DNA forensics and forensic chemistry, among others. Beyond providing students with a broad overview of forensic science, students will be encouraged to explore and develop their own specific interests within the field.
Amity University Dubai is at the forefront in this new and exciting field that has career opportunities in police departments, law enforcement agencies, detective agencies, banking and other sectors. Our state-of-the-art Forensics laboratory gives students a chance to participate in practical simulations of forensic studies such as fingerprinting, DNA Profiling, toxicological analysis, trace evidence analysis, questioned documents and handwriting examinations.
- Students will develop a critical understanding of the diverse institutions of crime control.
- Students will learn how to interpret scientific data in the laboratory and the crime scene.
- Students will learn how to apply the protocols for securing and recording the incident scene and know how to collect trace and physical evidence.
- Students will learn how to apply scientific techniques in order to examine forensic evidence.
About the Campus
Amity University - Dubai
We are the largest multi-disciplinary university in the United Arab Emirates, committed to delivering world-class education and research. Our institution is one where faculty, scientists and brilli...Read More Courses
No reviews found.