Awarded ByLimkokwing University
Ranking219 (Asian University Rankings source:QS)
About the course
Bachelor of Art (Hons) in Games Design is a course specially developed with a comprehensive approach to developing the right mindsets in games industry, specifically in the area of games design. Students will undergo a series of hands-on professional training to develop their skills in an industry-based learning system. Students will have better industry-understanding through involvement in the semester long internship, improving their potential for eventual employment upon graduation. The outline of the programme concentrates on all stages of the production process similar to the workflow practiced by professionals from related industries. The games design graduate will take away with them the right skill-set to design, project-manage and produce world-class games on top of attaining valuable skills as a project manager for a team of artists and programmers. The programme is designed to be highly practical and industry-oriented. A game is structured playing, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more often an expression of aesthetic or ideological elements.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Comprehend moral, cultural and ethical issues and responsibilities and related inter-cultural communication within a global environment.
- To be able to practice and conform to positive work attitudes and to develop the work ethics as important requirements in the digital content creation and creative industries
- To be able to confidently deliver a theoretical and technical information in an appropriate form for a specific audience.
- To be able to work with others who possesses various attitude, knowledge and skills to achieve a common goal.
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to plan, implement and manage a game development project and to analyse situations and recognise the opportunity and potential for business.
- To be able to functionally work in a variety of situations and role and to learn and adopt critical knowledge of the development processes and concepts related to game development and other content creation industries.
- To be able to learn independently and to identify problems and provide creative and innovative solutions to design problems.
- Game Designers, Level Designers
- Production Managers, Project Managers
- Game Testers
Fundamentals of Games Design 1
Fundamentals of Games Design 2
Fundamentals of Games Art 1
Fundamentals of Games Art 2
Fundamentals of Games Technology 1
Fundamentals of Games Technology 2
Games System and Architecture
Games Design Project 1
Casual Games Studies
Game World Creation
Game Genre Studies 1
2D Games Project 1
2D Games Project 2
Games Design Project 2
Games Genre Studies 3
Games Level Design
Games Assets Development
Games Genre Studies 2
Story Telling in Games
Database Design for Games
Games Platform Studies
Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B
Dissertation for Games
Social Networks in Games
Games Project Management
Games Business Knowledge
Games Quality Control and Testing
Multiplayer Games Design
Games Design Project 3
Games Design Project 4
Directed Elective (Steam based)
About the Campus
No reviews found.