Awarded ByAPU, Malaysia
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration4 Years (8 Semesters)
About the course
B. Eng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering programme is specifically designed to provide high-quality undergraduate engineering education by providing students with a curriculum that is firmly grounded in Mechatronic engineering fundamentals.
A study of basic engineering sciences and fundamentals of mechanical, electrical, electonics and computing engineering. Students will be to integrate these four diverse.
The technical skills to design, analyse and test “intelligent” products or processes that incorporate suitable controller, sensor and mechatronic devices for robotics and automation. Giving you a comprehensive engineering education combined with specialist knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, this course addresses industry’s demand for graduates who can integrate the principles and applications of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering. You will learn to evaluate a range of solutions to engineering problems, and to select and apply appropriate solutions to engineering systems. You will use software packages to design, analyse, and evaluate system designs. As you progress, you will develop your integrative approach to designing electro-mechanical systems and become familiar with the techniques of digital signal processing. Roles include designing consumer machines, industrial machines, robotics and automation for advanced manufacturing, robot control systems or aviation electronics, software and hardware development for real-time computer control systems among others.
The students, upon completion of their study, should attain the following outcomes:
- Ability to gain and apply principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to the solutions of complex engineering problems
- Ability to select and use suitable tools and techniques for complex engineering problems
- Ability to design innovative solutions for complex engineering problems.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate good practices of engineering in sustainable development and environmental considerations for the solutions of complex engineering problems
- Ability to execute the responsibilities of an Engineer professionally and ethically.
- Ability to recognize the need for, and be able to engage in independent and life-long learning towards continuous professional development
- The Mechatronic Engineering course provides the technical and creative know-how needed to achieve the best possible engineering career path.
Analysis of Circuits
Introduction to Management
Engineering Mathematics 1
Introduction to C Programming
Engineering Mathematics 2
Instrumentation & Measurement
Engineering Statics & Dynamics
Introduction to Power System
Engineering Mathematics 3
Electromagnetic Field Theory
Engineering Software & Applications
Signals & Linear Systems
Strength of Material
Sensor & Actuators
Communication Engineering Principles
Microprocessor Systems & Embedded Software
Numerical Methods & Statistics
Power Electronic & Drives
PLC & Pneumatic System
Electives (Choose One)
Digital Signal Processing
Industry placement with a suitable organisation for a minimum period of 12 weeks, after completing Year 3 and before the commencement of Year 4.
Engineering Project Management
Project Phase I (Investigation)
Project Phase II (Implementation)
Engineer in Society
Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
Product Creation Technology
About the Campus
No reviews found.