Awarded ByAPU, Malaysia
Ranking1439( World Ranking Staffordshire University Source: webometrics)
Duration4 Years (8 Semesters)
IntakeFebruary- May -September - November
About the course
B.Eng(Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering programme is specifically designed to provide high-quality undergraduate engineering education by providing students with a curriculum that is firmly grounded in telecommunication engineering fundamentals. The technical skills to cover the ever demanding expertise in the fields of microwave and optical Transmission, satellite communications and RF communications. A study in the areas of telecommunication engineering which covers the structure of mobile computing systems, telecommunication systems & networks, and software systems. Be a practicing engineer contributing to the development of Telecommunication or Electronic Engineering while demonstrating professionalism. Pursue engineering innovation via career advancement opportunities and/or advanced studies in Telecommunication or Electronic Engineering. Careers include design engineers of telecommunication and signal processing systems that provide essential electronic support networks for information technology industries and mobile/wireless and communication engineers.
Telecommunication Engineering is the most rapidly developing and dynamic field of Engineering. Rapid growth in the telecommunication sector is evident from the deep penetration of the Internet and mobile phones in every corner of the world.
The students, upon completion of their study, should attain the following outcomes:
- Ability to gain and apply principles of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to the solutions of complex engineering problems
- Ability to select and use suitable tools and techniques for complex engineering problems
- Ability to design innovative solutions for complex engineering problems.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate good practices of engineering in sustainable development and environmental considerations for the solutions of complex engineering problems
- Ability to execute the responsibilities of an Engineer professionally and ethically.
- Ability to recognize the need for, and be able to engage in independent and life-long learning towards continuous professional development
- Ability to undertake complex engineering problem analysis and apply engineering principles to solve them
- Ability to investigate complex engineering problems using research techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on complex engineering activities
Course Structure & Modules:
DEGREE LEVEL 1
In addition, a thorough grounding in principles of IT and management are provided by the Programming and Management modules.
Analysis of Circuits
Introduction to Management
Engineering Mathematics 1
Introduction to C Programming
Engineering Mathematics 2
Instrumentation & Measurement
DEGREE LEVEL 2
Here, you start specialising in modules that develop the necessary underlying knowledge and skills in Telecommunication Engineering.
Engineering Mathematics 3
Electromagnetic Field Theory
Engineering Software & Applications
Signals & Linear Systems
Introduction to Electrical Systems
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Specialised knowledge and skills in the areas of, Control Engineering, Multimedia Applications, Computer Architecture, Microprocessor Systems & Embedded Software, Digital SignalProcessing, Numerical Methods & Statistics, Antenna & Propagation, Modern Communication Systems, and Optical Communication & Networks are a critical focus of this level.
Microprocessor Systems & Embedded Software
Numerical Methods & Statistics
Digital Signal Processing
Antenna & Propagation
Modern Communication System
Optical Communication & Networks
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 4
The final year Engineering modules provide the necessary industry application and technological skills which become very useful for employment upon graduation.
Engineering Project Management
Group Engineering Design Project
Project Phase I (Investigation)
Project Phase II (Implementation)
Engineer in Society
Microwave and RF Communication
Elective Modules (choose 1)
Analogue Integrated Circuits and Systems
Elective Modules (choose 1)
Satellite and Mobile Communication
About the Campus
No reviews found.